After having those two antique banisters, I subsequently decided to make candle holders with them. Unfortunately I did not take a photograph earlier than I reduce them but this is essentially what they seemed like and what I did:
I determined this p.C online however this is what it gave the impression of. I reduce the pinnacle off and a phase of the center to make it shorter. I reduce exceptional lengths on each in order that one would be taller than the opposite.
I might use this for some different undertaking. We’ll see.
So subsequent issue I did was to connect the pieces. I drilled a hole to insert a bit of wooden and used glue. After it changed into very dry, I used putty to cover the "imperfect" reduce after which sanded the whole piece.
I then painted the two pieces with white paint.
After the white paint, I dry-brushed a few steel blue and turquoise.
When it became dry, I brought a few steel brown with glaze to "age it".
Making certain to place loads into the grooves and usually making use of the paints in the same course.
I used sand paper to distress it a bit.
And the closing component I did became "dry brushed" some gold however the usage of a round sponge.
2 Here is the stop end result. As you may see, one in every of them got here out a little crooked. I assume subsequent time I will handiest use glue and not the wooden portions to attach. Oh well, it is what it’s far and can’t fix it now.