A friend become promoting her vintage head and foot board and I snapped them up. In spite of the broken trim and wavy veneer I expected an stylish bench. $60 for the head and footboard turned into a excellent deal and a couple of initiatives
The first undertaking become to make a field. Measuring the width and depth of the bench seat I used 1x 4’s to make a simple field.
I connected the container to the headboard the usage of 2.5” wood finishing screws. The next job turned into to attach legs. Looking via my series…Yes, if I see legs I purchase them, I pulled out French Provençal ones.
I delivered one foot portions of 2×4 to the pinnacle of every leg with screws. This supplied greater electricity to the legs. I then brought the legs to the front corners of the field.
With the legs on I then delivered 1×4 pine boards for the seat. I stained the seat, frame and legs in MinWax Provincial stain. I sanded the wavy veneer and stuffed all cracks with wooden filler. I reduce the ornamental aspect rail and introduced it to the front of the field.
After sanding the wood filler, I painted the bench in Benjamin Moore’s Gauntlet Grey. Made a cushion from 3” foam with a plywood base. The last step was masking the cushion in Frontgates’s herringbone cloth.
The headboard became out so well, I determined to make one out of the footboard. Two lovely French Farmhouse benches have now been fortunately positioned in new houses.