So… I moved into a new rental… It already had a shiplap wall that become distressed in a manner that I favored. However a candlestick that I had turned into nearly equal to the wall. While I nevertheless desired a distressed look at the candlestick… I wanted extra of a differentiation between the wall and the decor.
Part of the candlestick and the wall. (Sorry, best percent I had.)
I had a number of (unfastened!) paint leftover from portray the mantel on this assignment…
So, I used it — plus! A tie-in to the mantel shade = bonus!
The color of the paint (satin end) turned into Valspar "Twinkle-Twinkle" …Their colour of the yr!
First I painted the candlestick — all over.
Since I became going to distress it, I changed into no longer too cautious with the paint software (…Had nothing to do with the alcohol within the background! LOL)
Then I used a slicing from cotton flannel pj’s to wipe off paint… Letting a few live inside the knots and crevices.
Here’s the completed candlestick. (My 94 yr antique dad might quip that it still desires quite a few paint! LOL)
I sincerely like the new evaluation of wall/candlestick.
FYI: the bottom of the candle was a piece wide for the pinnacle of candlestick… So I just took a vegetable peeler and pared it off a piece! – Win.